Battle of Winwick (also known as Battle of Red Bank) 1648 Consultation
The proposed area for registration includes:
- the reputed royalist headquarters
- the location of the initial engagement
- the probable lines of the two forces along the northern and southern edge of the valleys of the Newton and St Oswald's brooks
- the probable route of the parliamentarian cavalry during its flanking manoeuvre
- the ground covered by the royalist forces during their flight towards St Oswald's Church where many of their casualties occurred
A map showing the proposed boundary of the registered battlefield can be found in the Consultation Report below.
If you have any comments to make on the factual details outlined in the Consultation Report then please send them to Historic England by Friday 24 November 2017.
Also of interest...
A brief guide to the listing process - how it works and what is involved.
Search the only official list of protected historic sites. Use our map search to see which buildings or sites are protected.
Information about the consent procedures associated with Registered Historic Parks and Gardens and Registered Battlefields.