Cathedral Church of Christ, Liverpool, Merseyside
The Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool was begun in 1904 to a design of Giles Gilbert Scott. The tower was completed in 1942, but the cathedral was not completed until 1978. Seen here from the air in 1949, the nave and west front are still to be completed. The area around the Cathedral suffered bomb damage during the blitz.