Cottages, Crow Lane East, Newton le Willows, Merseyside
These 3 thatched cottages date from the 16th century. They were built with a timber frame including 4 pairs of crucks. The cruck frame can be clearly seen on the end gable wall. It has been filled in with brick. Newton le Willows was a borough in the 13th century and a market town along the old London - Carlisle Road. It expanded rapidly after the railway came in 1830 but still has some historic buildings.