Our Planning Services
- details of our local advice teams
- an introduction to our advice service for government departments
- an introduction to the work of our Greater London Archaeology Advisory Service
- our Charter, which sets out the services we offer
- our annual reports to government on our performance
- our plans for improving our services
You'll find more information on these in the sections below.
This page explains how Historic England provides expert advice on the management of historic buildings and sites within the planning process.
Four services providing enhancements to Historic England's existing free planning and listing services.
The Government Historic Estates Unit (GHEU) advises government departments about how to look after the historic buildings in their care.
Here you can find out about the work and services of the Greater London Archaeology Advisory Service (GLAAS).
Our Charter for Advisory Services sets out the service we provide for those involved in changing or influencing change to the historic environment.
We work with owners and developers to give historic buildings a future.
Every year we report to government about our performance and our annual Improvement Plan for our planning services.