Heritage at Risk Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Historic England.
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Historic England and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There are two ways in which to enter the competition:
5.1 Twitter - submit a photograph digitally via Twitter with the @HE_SouthEast handle and #PhotoCompHAR hashtag in one of the following two competition categories:
(a) Adult category - Heritage at Risk Photo; and
(b) Under 18's Young Persons Category - Heritage at Risk Photo
The parents or legal guardians of any shortlisted entrants in the Under 18's Young Persons Category will be required to complete a Consent Form.
5.2 Email - send your photograph to photo.competition@HistoricEngland.org.uk
- Entries submitted in any other way, including by hard copy, will not be accepted.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and Historic England, reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Each entrant warrants to Historic England that his/her entry is original, their wholly owned creation and made without the inclusion of material owned by any third party. Entrants will keep Historic England harmless from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- All entrants hereby license to Historic England the use of their entry for display on any Historic England-owned or third-party website or other media for publicity purposes and agree to the waiver of their moral rights in respect of the same.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Monday 11 September 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Historic England reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Historic England's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Historic England is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prizes for each category are as follows:
1st prize - a day shadowing one of our Historic England photographers in London (expenses including travel are not included)
2nd prize - framed image from the Historic England Archive.
5 x Runner up prizes - new Historic England book 'Photographing Historic Buildings' by Steve Cole
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- For the avoidance of doubt, properties or monuments featured in any photographs submitted as part of this competition shall not automatically be considered for inclusion on the Heritage at Risk register.
- Winners will be chosen a panel of judges appointed by Historic England.
- The panel of judge's top 20 chosen photographs will be shown in a public exhibition in Ramsgate, Kent.
- Each winner will be notified by email and on Twitter within 28 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Historic England will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / delivered.
- Historic England's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Each winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their submitted entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Historic England shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.