Greater London Historic Environment Record Volunteer, London Office
Help us to add to and improve the Greater London Historic Environment Record (GLHER), so improving our knowledge of London's historic environment.
- Themed projects - enhancing our records for particular types of monuments, or related to the historic environment of particular areas of London. Examples include looking at First World War heritage, or recording workhouses
- Additional research - we always need help with research to improve our records
- Checking and validating records - a keen eye for detail is essential
Hours and time frame
Hours are flexible (minimum of three hours on any day worked), between 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.
The placement is at our London office: Waterhouse Square, Holborn, London
Support and training
- We'll train you to use the GLHER database and its associated digital mapping system ArcGIS
- Support from the GLHER team, and Historic England colleagues, will be available at all times
Volunteers may be reimbursed for local travel costs between home and volunteering locations.
We'll provide a reference for your personal profile to demonstrate work carried out for Historic England to show future employers or further education.
How to apply
Please download and complete our volunteer registration form below and email it to Melanie Millward at melanie.millward@HistoricEngland.org.uk.