Volunteering is an important part of our work. It gives more people a chance to be involved in looking after our heritage and helps us do more and. We value and appreciate all our volunteers. This statement is designed to demonstrate our commitment to volunteering and individual volunteers, ensuring all volunteers are treated consistently, equally and fairly.
As a volunteer you can expect that….
- You will be made to feel welcome by the organisation.
- You will have equality of opportunity.
- You will be appreciated and recognised for your contribution to Historic England.
- You will be provided with training and support in order to fulfil your volunteer role.
- You are covered by Historic England insurance.
- You will be reimbursed out-of-pocket expenses incurred through volunteering.
- Your work conditions will be safe and healthy.
- Historic England will help you to resolve any problems that arise.
- You will be given regular opportunity to review what you do with your manager.
- You will be volunteering for an organisation which opposes all forms of illegal discrimination.
- Historic England will seek your views on volunteering and your experiences as a volunteer.