How We Plan to Spend Our Money in 2016-17
The following figures set out what The Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission for England (HBMCE), is planning to spend in 2016-17.
HBMCE's projected expenditure comes from grant-in-aid from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (£86.57 million in 2016-17), plus a small amount of commercial income earned from fees for services and other income such as legacies and donations.
Area of expenditure - £ 000
- Buildings and Monuments - 8,741
- Conservation Areas - 844
- Historic Environment - 4,759
- Other - 4,810
Heritage Planning & Protection
- Subsidy to EH Trust - 14,169
- Listing Group - 4,329
- Research Group - 8,592
- Planning Group - 20,497
Corporate and Support Services
- Government Advice, Archives & Publishing - 6,748
- Governance and Legal services - 1,985
- Human Resources & Finance - 8,301
- Information Systems - 10,038
- Office costs - 5,271
Also of interest...
Find out about the relationship between Historic England and the English Heritage Trust.