Church of the Holy Trinity, Beauchamp Avenue, Royal Leamington Spa - Warwick

Designed in the Early English Style by Edmund Mitchell, completed in 1845, Holy Trinity Church is cruciform in plan. The transept and chancel were slightly altered and it underwent several additions and alterations until it became a parish church in 1899. The walls are smooth faced sandstone ashlar and the roofs are of steeply pitched slate. The roofs are now in poor condition, especially above the chancel and transept, and are in need of a complete overhaul. The gutters and rainwater pipes also need replacing. A National Lottery Heritage Fund Grant for Places of Worship was awarded in 2017.

Church of the Holy Trinity, Beauchamp Avenue, Royal Leamington Spa - Warwick
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1381158
    Local Planning Authority:
    Warwick
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Trinity
    Street Name:
    Beauchamp Avenue
    County:
    Warwickshire
    District / Borough:
    Warwick
    Parish:
    Royal Leamington Spa
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Warwick and Leamington
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    B
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA