Church of All Saints, Thelwall New Road, Thelwall, Grappenhall and Thelwall - Warrington (UA)

Victorian Gothic Revival style church built in three phases: nave dates to 1843, chancel to 1857 and north aisle vestry and west porch added in 1890. The church replaced a chapel built circa 1600. The sub floor chambers are causing some movement issues. The chancel fresco, which has been damaged by the ingress of water via poor chancel arch pointing, is at risk of detachment and partial loss.

Church of All Saints, Thelwall New Road, Thelwall, Grappenhall and Thelwall - Warrington (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1139326
    Local Planning Authority:
    Warrington (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of All Saints
    Street Name:
    Thelwall New Road
    Locality:
    Thelwall
    Unitary Authority:
    Warrington (UA)
    Parish:
    Grappenhall and Thelwall
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Warrington South
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA