Parish Church of St Remigus, Old Great North Road, Water Newton - Huntingdonshire

Situated on the bank of the river Nene and close to the Roman site of Durobrivae, the church comprises a thirteenth-century chancel, south aisle and lengthened nave. Early C14 century west tower and nave clerestory. Altered in late C14 and C15. Restored 1887. Felt on south aisle roof coming to the end if its service life. Maintenance required to Collyweston slates on chancel.

Parish Church of St Remigus, Old Great North Road, Water Newton - Huntingdonshire
© Tony Capon (St Remigius Water Newton PCC)

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    PARISH CHURCH OF ST REMIGUS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1237953
    Local Planning Authority:
    Huntingdonshire
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Parish Church of St Remigus
    Street Name:
    Old Great North Road
    County:
    Cambridgeshire
    District / Borough:
    Huntingdonshire
    Parish:
    Water Newton
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    North West Cambridgeshire
    Region:
    East of England

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA