Church of Our Most Holy Redeemer, clergy house, campanile and parish hall, Exmouth Market, Islington EC1 - Islington

The church was designed by JD Sedding in the Lombardy style and completed in 1888. It was extended eastwards by Sedding's pupil H Wilson in 1895, and the campanile, vicarage and parish Institute date from 1905. The interior is modelled on Brunelleschi's Santo Spirito in Florence. In 2020 the church completed a development project funded by the Cloudesley Trust for the church and by Historic England for the Institute. The congregation is seeking funding for an initial phase of fabric repairs and for a development project to enable the Institute to provide a sustainable income for the church.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF OUR MOST HOLY REDEEMER, CLERGY HOUSE, CAMPANILE AND PARISH HALL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1209007
    Local Planning Authority:
    Islington
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of Our Most Holy Redeemer
    Street Name:
    Exmouth Market
    Locality:
    Islington
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Islington
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Islington South and Finsbury
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA

Contact Details

Ian Harper 020 7973 3786