Church of St Andrew, Holegate, Halton Holegate - East Lindsey

A large parish church. The nave rises with high clerestory windows above north and south aisles. Early work dates from C14 with an early C15 west tower. Chancel ceiling has a painted scheme of 1894; there are angels affixed to corbel brackets in nave. With funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund Grant for Places of Worship scheme and other substantial donors, work on the nave roof was completed in 2015. Further phases are needed to repair the south aisle and porch roofs. Some stonework repairs has been undertaken. The church has been subject to heritage crime. Funding is being sought.

Church of St Andrew, Holegate, Halton Holegate - East Lindsey
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1359727
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Lindsey
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Andrew
    Street Name:
    Hole Gate
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    East Lindsey
    Parish:
    Halton Holegate
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Louth and Horncastle
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*