Church of St George, Coventry Street, Kidderminster - Wyre Forest

Georgian Gothic church with elaborate gable buttresses and tower with turret and pinnacles, by Francis Goodwin, 1821- 24. The roof was destroyed by fire in 1922 but rebuilt, and the church was remodelled by Giles Gilbert Scott in 1923-25. At the west end the roof from this work is now leaking at both side valley gutters.

Church of St George, Coventry Street, Kidderminster - Wyre Forest
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1100088
  • Local Planning Authority: Wyre Forest
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St George
  • Street Name: Coventry Street
  • Locality: Kidderminster
  • County: Worcestershire
  • District / Borough: Wyre Forest
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Wyre Forest
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Chris Miners 0117 975 1308

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England