Church of All Saints, Church Lane, Stuston - Mid Suffolk

Church with C12 to C13 round flint tower with octagonal C14 belfry stage. Chancel and porch rebuilt in C15. Restored and large north vestry added in 1860-2. Tower repaired and windows altered in 1877. Walls of random flint with limestone dressings; roofs of Staffordshire blue plain tiles. Structural movement and cracking to tower, with masonry falls; tower is cordoned off. Poor rainwater disposal arrangements have led to structural movement in the chancel. A National Lottery Heritage Fund Grants for Places of Worship grant was awarded in 2017 and project development work is underway in 2019.

Church of All Saints, Church Lane, Stuston - Mid Suffolk
© Ruth & Peter Blackman

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1032794
    Local Planning Authority:
    Mid Suffolk
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of All Saints
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    County:
    Suffolk
    District / Borough:
    Mid Suffolk
    Parish:
    Stuston
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Central Suffolk and North Ipswich
    Region:
    East of England

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Priority:
    B - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    B
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*