Church of St James, Colesbourne - Cotswold

Small parish church adjacent to Colesbourne Park. C12 with C15 tower and chancel; largely rebuilt 1851-53 by David Brandon. Random rubble limestone with ashlar tower; stone slate roof. Nave with north and south transept; west tower; south porch; and chancel. The roof slates have slipped or fallen and need repair on the north nave roof.

Church of St James, Colesbourne - Cotswold
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St James
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1341787
    Local Planning Authority:
    Cotswold
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St James
    County:
    Gloucestershire
    District / Borough:
    Cotswold
    Parish:
    Colesbourne
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    The Cotswolds
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA