Church of St Dubricius, Hentland - Herefordshire, County of (UA)

Small rural parish church with some C11 original structure, and a C13 and C14 nave and chancel. Restored by JP Seddon in 1853 with C19 vestry and porch. The late C14 tower has structural cracking on the west side. Internal plaster has fallen in the nave and from the chancel west end roof. The sandstone rubble walls are heavily eroded. The sandstone slate roof pitches and the plain clay tiled pitches have slipped or are missing slates and tiles. A Heritage Lottery Fund Grant for Places of Worship was awarded in 2016 and repairs are in progress.

Church of St Dubricius, Hentland - Herefordshire, County of (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Dubricius
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1288593
    Local Planning Authority:
    Herefordshire, County of (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Dubricius
    Unitary Authority:
    Herefordshire, County of (UA)
    Parish:
    Hentland
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Hereford and South Herefordshire
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    B - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; solution agreed but not yet implemented
    Previous Priority:
    B
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*