Church of All Saints, Church Lane, Spelsbury - West Oxfordshire

Church with a west tower, nave, north and south aisles, chancel and transepts. Almost all rebuilt in the c18 by the Earls of Litchfield. The chancel being extended again in 1851. W Tower of two stages was originally the central tower of a Norman church. C13 Nave, with arcades. In 2017 the church received a Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund grant for flat roof repair. The Chancel and Transept limestone slate roofs are deteriorating in condition; with slippage allowing water ingress. An unsuccessful application for a Heritage Lottery Fund Grants for Places of Worship was made in 2017.

Church of All Saints, Church Lane, Spelsbury - West Oxfordshire
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1251447
    Local Planning Authority:
    West Oxfordshire
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of All Saints
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    County:
    Oxfordshire
    District / Borough:
    West Oxfordshire
    Parish:
    Spelsbury
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Witney
    Region:
    South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA