Church of St Mary, Cowlam Lane, Cowlam, Cottam - East Riding of Yorkshire (UA)

A small church, incorporating medieval fabric, but restored and rebuilt in 1853, apparently by Miss Sykes of Sledmere House. It has an outstanding Norman font. The church is unusually located in a farmyard. The roofs are in poor condition and the stonework is deteriorating.

Church of St Mary, Cowlam Lane, Cowlam, Cottam - East Riding of Yorkshire (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MARY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1083789
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Riding of Yorkshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Mary
    Street Name:
    Cowlam Lane
    Locality:
    Cowlam
    Unitary Authority:
    East Riding of Yorkshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Cottam
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    East Yorkshire
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II