Parish Church of St Just, Church Street, St. Just - Cornwall (UA)

Large parish church in the centre of the most westerly town in England. Classic Cornish pattern church of three aisles and a tall west tower. C13 cruciform church re-modelled in the early C15 creating the outer aisles and tower. C19 restoration created the current roofs. All of granite ashlar with Cornish slate roofs. The slate roofs are failing and have caused the fall of ceiling plaster. Rainwater goods are rusted and failing. A Heritage Lottery Fund Grant for Places of Worship has been awarded and the project is in development.

Parish Church of St Just, Church Street, St. Just - Cornwall (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JUST
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1159637
  • Local Planning Authority: Cornwall (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Parish Church of St Just
  • Street Name: Church Street
  • Unitary Authority: Cornwall (UA)
  • Parish: St. Just
  • Parliamentary Constituency: St. Ives
  • Region: South West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: D - Slow decay; solution agreed but not yet implemented
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA, WHS

Contact Details

Chris Miners 0117 975 1308

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England