Methodist Chuch (former Wesleyan Chapel), Chapel Road, St. Just - Cornwall (UA)

Large and prominent chapel at the edge of the small town of St Just. Granite walled with slate roof. Generally plain with large multi-paned arch headed windows but with a grand portico on the street front. Complete galleried interior. Serious rain ingress is affecting the interior especially around the organ chamber at the back end, together with falls of gutters. Some repairs to this area have now taken place.

Methodist Chuch (former Wesleyan Chapel), Chapel Road, St. Just - Cornwall (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: METHODIST CHURCH (FORMER WESLEYAN CHAPEL) AND ATTACHED VESTRY
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1143291
  • Local Planning Authority: Cornwall (UA)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

  • Building Name: Methodist Chuch (former Wesleyan Chapel)
  • Street Name: Chapel Road
  • Unitary Authority: Cornwall (UA)
  • Parish: St. Just
  • Parliamentary Constituency: St. Ives
  • Region: South West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*, CA, WHS

Contact Details

Chris Miners 0117 975 1308

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England