Church of St Cuthbert, Church Lane, Ormesby, Redcar - Redcar and Cleveland (UA)

Built in 1875 on an Anglo-Saxon foundation, the church comprises a nave with north aisle and chancel. The north porch, vestry, organ chamber and oak-shingled spire are later additions. The rainwater management system needs repair along with the roof coverings and there are deep pockets of erosion affecting the external stonework. The building has also been subject to heritage crime.

Church of St Cuthbert, Church Lane, Ormesby, Redcar - Redcar and Cleveland (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1139628
    Local Planning Authority:
    Redcar and Cleveland (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Cuthbert
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    Locality:
    Ormesby
    County:
    Tees Valley
    Unitary Authority:
    Redcar and Cleveland (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Redcar
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA