Church of St Hilda, Park Gate, Darlington - Darlington (UA)

Built (1887-88) in red brick in the Early English style by eminent C19 church architect JL Pearson. The stained glass and interior fittings were removed soon after closure in 1986. The church then suffered a fire before being acquired and re-used for worship by the Life and Light Mission. Roof coverings are reaching the end of their life and low level brickwork is in need of repair.

Church of St Hilda, Park Gate, Darlington - Darlington (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST HILDA
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1322955
    Local Planning Authority:
    Darlington (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Hilda
    Street Name:
    Park Gate
    Locality:
    Darlington
    County:
    Tees Valley
    Unitary Authority:
    Darlington (UA)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Darlington
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II