Church of the Holy Trinity, North Walls, Winchester - Winchester

Designed by Henry Woodyer and built 1853-1855. It has a continuous seven-bay clerestoried nave with north and south aisles and chancel and fleche with spire and lunettes. The walls are of flint with limestone blocks and limestone dressings. Vestry on southeast and enclosed porch on the west door dating from 1894. There are slipped and missing slates, the roof leaks and the rainwater goods do not function effectively, putting the church at risk.

Church of the Holy Trinity, North Walls, Winchester - Winchester
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1350718
  • Local Planning Authority: Winchester
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
  • Street Name: North Walls
  • Locality: Winchester
  • County: Hampshire
  • District / Borough: Winchester
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Winchester
  • Region: South East

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Nicola Lauder 01483 252074

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England