Church of St Stephen the Martyr and St Thomas, including stone wall surrounding churchyard, Uxbridge Road W12 - Hammersmith and Fulham

Built in 1850, designed by Antony Salvin. Coursed rubble walling with Bath stone dressings and slate pitched roofs. The spire was removed following war damage and the tower is now surmounted with a low octagonal fleche. Roofs and rainwater goods are in poor condition resulting in water ingress. The congregation is actively exploring possible sources of funding.

Church of St Stephen the Martyr and St Thomas, including stone wall surrounding churchyard, Uxbridge Road W12 - Hammersmith and Fulham
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN THE MARTYR AND ST THOMAS, INCLUDING STONE WALL SURROUNDING CHURCHYARD
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1261971
    Local Planning Authority:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Stephen the Martyr and St Thomas
    Street Name:
    Uxbridge Road
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Hammersmith
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA