Church of St Mark with Christchurch, Glodwick Road, Glodwick - Oldham

Church built in 1875 in a Gothic style, of rusticated coursed and squared rubble with Welsh slate roofs containing scalloped cut grey banding. The tower and spire are landmarks in the area. Inside, the nave arcade is on polished granite columns. The building is generally in very bad condition with the roof and high level stonework of particular concern.

Church of St Mark with Christchurch, Glodwick Road, Glodwick - Oldham
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MARK WITH CHRISTCHURCH
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1201673
    Local Planning Authority:
    Oldham
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Mark with Christchurch
    Street Name:
    Glodwick Road
    Locality:
    Glodwick
    County:
    Greater Manchester
    District / Borough:
    Oldham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Oldham East and Saddleworth
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II