Church of St Aidan, Tarset, Northumberland (UA) - Northumberland (UA)

Built in 1818 by HH Seward for the Commissioners of Greenwich Hospital, the church has an embattled west tower, continuous nave and chancel, and north vestry. A porch at the base of the tower provides access to a simple, well-proportioned interior. High level stonework is deteriorating due to water ingress. Rainwater gutters and pipes are in poor condition and some roof details and junctions are in need of repair.

Church of St Aidan, Tarset, Northumberland (UA) - Northumberland (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St Aidan
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1302858
    Local Planning Authority:
    Northumberland (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Aidan
    Unitary Authority:
    Northumberland (UA)
    Parish:
    Tarset
    National Park:
    Northumberland (NP)
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Hexham
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II