Church of St Mary and St Wilfred, A69, Warwick Bridge, Wetheral - Carlisle

Church built to the designs of AWN Pugin in 1841. Nave and chancel with sacristy added to south wall. Red sandstone walls with slate roof and bellcote to west gable. A programme of repairs to the roofs and masonry has recently been completed, but the significant interior decorative scheme remains vulnerable.

Church of St Mary and St Wilfred, A69, Warwick Bridge, Wetheral - Carlisle
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST WILFRED
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1111897
    Local Planning Authority:
    Carlisle
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Mary and St Wilfred
    Street Name:
    A69
    Locality:
    Warwick Bridge
    County:
    Cumbria
    District / Borough:
    Carlisle
    Parish:
    Wetheral
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Penrith and The Border
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    F - Repair scheme in progress and (where applicable) end use or user identified; or functionally redundant buildings with new use agreed but not yet implemented.
    Previous Priority:
    D
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*