Bolton Methodist Mission, Knowsley Street, Bolton - Bolton

Bolton Methodist Mission was built between 1898 and 1900 by Bradshaw and Gass. The interior is centred around a large auditorium. The tower over the Knowsley Street entrance makes an important contribution to the streetscape. Grant aid under the Repair Grant for Places of Worship scheme towards repairs to the internal floors of the tower has been completed. However, there is ongoing concern about the condition of the timber windows.

Bolton Methodist Mission, Knowsley Street, Bolton - Bolton
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    VICTORIA HALL AND VICTORIA BUILDINGS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1388093
    Local Planning Authority:
    Bolton
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Bolton Methodist Mission
    Street Name:
    Knowsley Street
    Locality:
    Bolton
    County:
    Greater Manchester
    District / Borough:
    Bolton
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Bolton North East
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II