Church of St Andrew, Church Street, Temple Grafton - Stratford-on-Avon

Original Saxon church rebuilt in 1875 by Frederick Preedy in lias and coursed ironstone ashlar with quoined openings. Plain red tiled nave roof with slated north and south aisles roof. The upper part of the porch is the staged belfry, a turret in timber frame with lath and plaster, covered with oak shakes. The timber frame turret is now in extremely poor condition with open joints and many of the shakes missing. There are also issues with the condition of the roof finish, rainwater goods and high level stonework.

Church of St Andrew, Church Street, Temple Grafton - Stratford-on-Avon
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1382790
  • Local Planning Authority: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Andrew
  • Street Name: Village Street
  • County: Warwickshire
  • District / Borough: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Parish: Temple Grafton
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Cristina Gardiner 0121 625 6850

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England