Police Station, with walls and gatepiers to side, High Street South, E6 - Newham

Red brick police station with Portland stone dressings and bands and a slate roof. 1904, by John Dixon Butler for the Metropolitan Police. The building has been vacant since 2013. Repairs have been carried out to the roof and basic maintenance is ongoing. However, whilst acquired for conversion for educational purposes, this has fallen through and currently the building has no identified future use.

Police Station, with walls and gatepiers to side, High Street South, E6 - Newham
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: POLICE STATION, WITH WALLS AND GATEPIERS TO SIDE
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1253087
  • Local Planning Authority: Newham
  • Site Type: Civil

Location

  • Building Name: Police Station
  • Postcode: E6
  • County: Greater London
  • District / Borough: Newham
  • Parliamentary Constituency: East Ham
  • Region: London

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Building or structure
  • Condition: Poor
  • Occupancy / Use: Vacant/not in use
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Government or agency
  • Designation: Listed Building grade II, CA

Contact Details

Ben Hull (LPA) 020 3373 9574

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England