King Arthur's Great Halls, Tintagel - Cornwall (UA)

House built in the 1860s using the cellar of a C17 building. The house was bought by FrederickThomas Glasscock in 1926. Glasscock made extensions and alterations between 1927-33 to adapt the house for use as King Arthur’s Great Halls, the headquarters for the Fellowship of the Knights of the Round Table. As part of these works, the stained glass artist Veronica Whall was commissioned to provide 72 stained glass panes. These panes are at risk due to lead degradation, the failure of the seal between putties and supporting frames and damage to the glass itself through water ingress and vandalism.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    King Arthur's Great Halls
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1267387
    Local Planning Authority:
    Cornwall (UA)
    Site Type:
    Recreational > Music speech and dance venue

Location

    Building Name:
    King Arthur's Great Halls
    Unitary Authority:
    Cornwall (UA)
    Parish:
    Tintagel
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    North Cornwall
    Region:
    South West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Fair
    Occupancy / Use:
    Part occupied/part in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Charity (non-heritage)

Contact Details

Catherine Marlow 0117 975 0732