Church of St Michael, Camden Road, Camden Town NW1 - Camden

The nave and aisles were built in 1881 designed by GF Bodley and T Garner, the chancel was added in 1894 and the vestries in 1908. Bodley's altar, reredos, stone chapel vaulting and screen survive. The church has undergone structural and stonework repair, re-roofing and drainage works. New electrical and lighting installations were completed in early 2016 grant-aided by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The interior fabric and heating remain in need of attention.

Church of St Michael, Camden Road, Camden Town NW1 - Camden
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1244156
    Local Planning Authority:
    Camden
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Michael
    Street Name:
    Camden Road
    Locality:
    Camden Town
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Camden
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Holborn and St. Pancras
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*