Chapel and Cloister at the Convent of the Holy Name, Ranelagh Road, Malvern - Malvern Hills

Former chapel designed by Comper & Bucknell in 1891-3 which forms part of a complex of buildings associated with the former Convent of the Holy Name. The building has been redundant for some years following the closure of the convent. The site is subject to applications for residential redevelopment, however the chapel is suffering from blocked gutters and poor roofs. The future of the chapel will be an integral part of any successful proposal for the redevelopment of the area.

Chapel and Cloister at the Convent of the Holy Name, Ranelagh Road, Malvern - Malvern Hills
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHAPEL AND CLOISTER AT THE CONVENT OF THE HOLY NAME
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1082736
    Local Planning Authority:
    Malvern Hills
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Chapel and Cloister at the Convent of the Holy Name
    County:
    Worcestershire
    District / Borough:
    Malvern Hills
    Parish:
    Malvern
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    West Worcestershire
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Commercial company
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, CA