Hall attached to the rear of the Fellowship Inn public house, Randlesdown Road, Bellingham SE6 - Lewisham

Two storey entertainment hall attached to the rear of the public house built in 1923-4 by FG Newnham for the brewery Barclay Perkins and Co. to serve the former London County Council's Bellingham Estate. The hall has been unoccupied for some time and has suffered from vandalism and neglect. In spring 2015 the owner secured a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund for its refurbishment and future use as a pub, micro-brewery, cinema, café and community space. Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent were granted in 2017, work is currently in progress and is due to complete in late 2018.

Hall attached to the rear of the Fellowship Inn public house, Randlesdown Road, Bellingham SE6 - Lewisham
© London Borough of Lewisham

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    The Fellowship Inn Public House and attached hall
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1413050
    Local Planning Authority:
    Lewisham
    Site Type:
    Recreational > Music speech and dance venue

Location

    Building Name:
    Hall attached to the rear of the Fellowship Inn public house
    Street Name:
    Randlesdown Road
    Postcode:
    SE6
    Locality:
    Bellingham
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Lewisham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Lewisham West and Penge
    Region:
    London

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    F - Repair scheme in progress and (where applicable) end use or user identified; or functionally redundant buildings with new use agreed but not yet implemented.
    Previous Priority:
    D
    Ownership:
    Other not for profit group