New Covenant Church (formerly The Charles Lamb Halls), Church Street, Edmonton N9 - Enfield

The Charles Lamb Halls were built in a collegiate Tudor style by local philanthropist Charles Lamb in 1908. The buildings are faced in stone under plain tile roofs and are now occupied by the New Covenant Church, Edmonton. Repairs to high level stonework and other external fabric were completed in 2015 with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund. A second phase of work is required to repair the roofs, stonework, rainwater goods and drains on the north side.

New Covenant Church (formerly The Charles Lamb Halls), Church Street, Edmonton N9 - Enfield
© Hook Mason Architects

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: THE CHARLES LAMB HALLS
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1078914
  • Local Planning Authority: Enfield
  • Site Type: Civil > Public building

Location

  • Building Name: New Covenant Church (formerly The Charles Lamb Halls)
  • Street Name: Church Street
  • Postcode: N9
  • County: Greater London
  • District / Borough: Enfield
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Edmonton
  • Region: London

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Ian Harper 020 7973 3786

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England