Church of St Michael and St George, Wilcox Road - Richmond upon Thames

Built in 1913 and designed by John Standen Adkins. Slate covered pitched roofs with walls externally and internally in red and stock brick with stone dressings. The church was closed in 2000 but is now being used for Church of England worship again. The Lady Chapel has been repaired and made fit for worship as has the nave. The congregation is investigating how to get the rest of the building back into beneficial use.

Church of St Michael and St George, Wilcox Road - Richmond upon Thames
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ST GEORGE
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1393730
  • Local Planning Authority: Richmond upon Thames
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Michael and St George
  • Street Name: Wilcox Road
  • County: Greater London
  • District / Borough: Richmond upon Thames
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Twickenham
  • Region: London

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

Tracey Craig 020 7973 3756

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England