St Andrew's Church, Church End, Wood Walton - Huntingdonshire

Redundant church now in the care of the Friends of Friendless Churches. C13 south arcade of nave, C14 to C15 west tower, C14 chancel and C16 north arcade. Much rebuilt 1856-9. Coursed limestone rubble, limestone dressings and a plain tile roof. High-level repairs were completed to tower and roofs in 2013. Opened occasionally. Active Friends group. Building thought to be moving due to defective drainage. The charity will consider advice on chancel movement and will reveiw.

St Andrew's Church, Church End, Wood Walton - Huntingdonshire
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1130123
  • Local Planning Authority: Huntingdonshire
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: St Andrew's Church
  • Street Name: Church End
  • County: Cambridgeshire
  • District / Borough: Huntingdonshire
  • Parish: Wood Walton
  • Parliamentary Constituency: North West Cambridgeshire
  • Region: East of England

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Building or structure
  • Condition: Poor
  • Occupancy / Use: Not applicable
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Charity (heritage)

Contact Details

Trudi Hughes 01223 582739

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England