Former Church of St Bartholomew, Village Street, Covenham St. Bartholomew - East Lindsey

Former church, late C14 - early C15; one of two in Covenham. St Bartholomew's is the earlier of the two and may have served as a pre-Conquest minster church. Restored in 1854-5 and again in 1863-4, the latter by Rogers and Marsden of Louth. The fabric is chalk and greenstone with brick patching. Rainwater goods and rainwater disposal are ineffective and there are associated problems with damp and water ingress. The south transept roof is failing and in need of repair. The church was subject to heritage crime in 2019. The Trustees are keen to effect repairs and find a future use.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1063108
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Lindsey
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Former Church of St Bartholomew
    Locality:
    Covenham St. Bartholomew
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    East Lindsey
    Parish:
    Covenham St. Bartholomew
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Louth and Horncastle
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Charity (heritage)

Contact Details

Hanna Good 07825 318060