Circular garden building, boundary wall and railings, formerly to St Paul’s School, Hammersmith Road - Hammersmith and Fulham

Circular red brick building and boundary wall, with railings and terracotta finials to brick piers, all formerly part of St Paul's School, 1881-85 by Alfred Waterhouse, now part of St Paul's Open Space. The building is disused and has missing roof tiles, vegetation growth and damp. Terracotta finials have been repaired. Both the walls and railings were damaged by a vehicle in 2020. The Local Authority commissioned a condition survey for the building and is seeking consents for its repair and future re-use for garden storage. Conservation repairs to the wall and railings are being investigated.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    MASTERS LODGE AND PORTERS LODGE, BOUNDARY WALLS AND CIRCULAR GARDEN BUILDING TO ST PAULS SCHOOL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1079820
    Local Planning Authority:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Site Type:
    Gardens parks and urban spaces > Garden building

Location

    Building Name:
    Circular garden building
    Street Name:
    HAMMERSMITH ROAD W6
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Hammersmith
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Local authority

Contact Details

Adam O'Neill (LPA) 020 8753 3318