Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition is open to all UK residents. Entrants under the age of 16 must have permission from their parent or guardian.
2. Only one entry is permitted per person/per group and all entries must be completed on the Competition Application Form.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. There are five Historic England Angel Awards available as prizes, one for each of the following categories:
- the best community action project;
- the best contribution to a heritage project by young people;
- the best research project;
- the best rescue of a heritage site; and
- outstanding contribution to heritage
5. There are no cash or alternative prizes available and the prizes are not transferable. The decision of Historic England is final and no communication will be entered into by Historic England.
6. 20 shortlisted entries for the Historic England Angel Awards will be judged by a selected panel. The shortlisted entries may be put forward for a public vote.
7. Copyright in all entries remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of Historic England providing the Competition, each entrant agrees:
7.1 to grant Historic England and media partner(s) a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, publish, republish, store, archive, syndicate, sub-license, transmit, adapt, edit, create derivative works from, perform, exercise publicity and copyright rights in relation to the entry materials in any manner and in any format and/or media;
7.2 to waive any moral rights in the material submitted; and
7.3 that we may disclose your identity to any third party making any claim, enquiry or assertion of any kind in relation to your material.
8. In submitting your entry to Historic England, you warrant that any entry material you submit:
8.1 is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
8.2 is not obscene, untrue, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code; and
8.3 that you shall indemnify Historic England and keep us fully indemnified against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
9. The entrants may be required to participate in publicity arising from the Competition and by entering the Competition you agree and provide consent to take part in such publicity. Please note that, if you are:
9.1 an entrant or group participant under 12 years old, a parent or legal guardian must explicitly consent on your behalf to publication of your personal information and must agree to accompany you to any publicity events; or
9.2 an entrant or group participant between 12 and 16 years old, you are agreeing to participate in such publicity and publication of your personal information in the event that you are shortlisted for a prize. If you are in any doubt as to the implications of providing such consent please ask a parent or legal guardian to explain and ensure that they consent to your entry to the Competition on the basis of these terms and conditions.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
11. Entry in the Competition signifies acceptance of these rules. Historic England reserves the right to withhold, change or cancel the prize in the event of non-compliance with these rules. Historic England also reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Competition rules at any time.
12. Any entry which is illegible or unintelligible may be disqualified in the sole discretion of Historic England and Historic England is not responsible for entries that are damaged, delayed, or lost in transit. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery.
On 1 April 2015 the part of English Heritage represented on this website changed its name to Historic England. You may notice that some of our content still refers to English Heritage. We are in the process of rebranding, but in the meantime please be assured that all our content and guidance is still current.