Guided Tours of Oxford House's Victorian Chapel
Found on the third floor of Oxford House (today an art and community centre), the chapel is one of the best preserved examples of Oxford House's beginning as a Christian orientated University Settlement.
The space is an excellent illustration of Neo-Jacobean architecture with a smart wooden screen at the entrance, wooden panelled walls and floors, and a high arched ceiling.
At the back of the chapel is a beautiful painting of the Crucifixion by Alfred Soord, dated 1914, and hidden by wooden panels until opened up.
Free to the public.