Commercial and Investment Opportunities at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings
Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings offers an exciting regeneration opportunity to develop buildings and/or land for commercial, residential and community uses around an important industrial heritage site: the world's first iron framed building (known as the Main Mill).
The 2.7 hectare (6.5 acre) site comprises eight listed buildings and development land capable of accommodating 120 residential dwellings and new commercial premises.
- Location: The mill is situated on the northern edge of Shrewsbury, midway between Manchester and Birmingham, in the centre of the UK.
- Project owner: Historic England
- Total site area: 6.5 acres
- Main mill area: 28,000 square feet over four floors
- Development type: Mixed use commercial led with potential for 120 new residential units
- Investment type: Occupiers for Main Mill, developer finance and co-investor for future phases
Historic England is looking for tenants and investors who wish to:
- Become the occupiers of the world's first iron-framed building, the forerunner of all skyscrapers
- Consider opportunities for new build development on the land surrounding the historic buildings
- Invest in the development of the remaining historic buildings
If you are interested in being a tenant or investor at Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings please contact Rebecca Reeves.