Historic England Archive's Heritage Open Day
- See how our state-of-the-art archive works behind the scenes
- Explore collections of photos going back as far as the 1850s
- Enjoy displays and activities illustrating women's history
- Tour our historic building, once part of Swindon's railway works
- Four half hour visits to our archive store at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
- Two 45-minute walking tours around our building at midday and 2pm.
Tours are free and you can sign up on the day, but places are limited. If you'd prefer to book a place in advance, please call 01793 414600.
Also of interest...
How to contact the Historic England Archive which is based in Swindon.
Women's achievements and experience have left a deep impression on the historic environment.
Here you can find out about collections we've recently taken in and also how we decide which collections to accept.