LAT01 - Lucas and Tuck Collection
This collection contains two photographic prints showing work to enlarge the Limehouse Basin in Tower Hamlets, London. The photographs were taken on the 13th May 1869. Built by the Regent’s Canal Company, and opened in 1820, the Limehouse Basin was originally known as Regent’s Canal Dock. Coal passed through the dock and was transported along the Regent’s Canal.
WSW01 ‘The Loved Haunts of Cowper’ by William S Wright
This book, published in 1867, contains eighteen photographic prints showing early views of Olney and Weston Underwood in Buckinghamshire. The photographs relate to buildings and places associated with the poet William Cowper (1731-1800), who lived for several years in this area. Cowper was one of the best-known poets of his time. He also wrote several well-known hymns.
JHA02 – The Abbey and Palace of Westminster
This book, published in 1869, contains some of the earliest and best interior photographs of Westminster Abbey, alongside exterior views of the Abbey and Palace.
The Engine House,
Fire Fly Avenue,
Also of interest...
We hold over 12 million photographs, drawings, reports and publications from the 1850s to the present day in our Archive.