An exterior view of nos. 12-15 The College, showing the front elevation of no. 14 from the east

Date:
1942
Location:
12-15 The College, County Durham
Reference:
AA42/06017
Type:
Photograph (Negative)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The building consists of four houses, originally three, and offices. They incorporate a medieval guest hall and 17th century rebuilding. No. 12 has a castle-like front elevation, no. 13 is at basement level. No. 14 is a single bay of three storeys to the rear of the right return of no. 12, and has an entrance with side steps and a door with a Tudor arch. Above is an oriel window with carved corbels underneath the roof. The second floor has a single light under a short gable.

No. 15 is a single storey of seven bays that is situated north of no. 14.

Content

This is part of the Series: WOO02/01 Series of negatives taken for the National Buildings Record; within the Collection: WOO02 George Bernard Wood Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wood, George Bernard

Keywords

Medieval House, Medieval Guest House, 20th Century Office