An exterior view of St Margaret's Church, showing the east end of the chancel and north aisle from the north
- St Margaret's Church, Walmgate, York
- Photograph (Negative)
The church is on the site of an earlier church, with a later 12th century south porch in a 14th century nave, which has a north aisle. The south vestry dates to the 15th century and the tower was rebuilt between 1684 and 1685. The chancel has four bays and a three light window with tracery. To the right is a two llight window in the east end of the north aisle. The church was made redundant in 1974, and has since been used as a warehouse for the Theatre Royal and as the National Centre for Early Music.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Wood, George Bernard
Aisle, Chancel, Medieval Parish Church, Late 20th Century Warehouse, Late 20th Century Music Hall
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.