An interior view of the Holy Trinity Church, showing the south arcade and aisle from the north-west

Date:
1942
Location:
Holy Trinity Church, Goodramgate, York
Reference:
AA42/08693
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The church has an early 12th century nave and late 12th century chancel, with the chapels, tower and south aisle added between the 13th and 15th centuries. The south arcade has pointed arches, and the eastern arches are on octagonal piers with capitals made of multiple fragments. The nave has an octagonal pulpit and box pews dating to the 17th century with 18th century panelling. In the background are the south and south-east chapels.

The church was declared redundant in 1971.

Content

This is part of the Series: WOO02/01 Series of negatives taken for the National Buildings Record; within the Collection: WOO02 George Bernard Wood Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wood, George Bernard

Keywords

Arcade, Nave, Pew, Pulpit, Medieval Parish Church