A view of Nappa Hall, showing a the base of the west tower and the south front of the hall
- Nappa Hall, Askrigg, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire
- Photograph (Negative)
The fortified manor house dates to 1459, with a 17th century wing, and was built for James Metcalfe. It has a single storey hall flanked by a four storey west tower and two storey east tower. There is a south-east wing that springs from the east tower and a south porch in the corner. The west tower has a door in a 19th century arch on the left return and a three light window on the ground floor, two light window on the first floor and a single light on the second and third floors. The ground and first storeys are stepped and the parapet has large embattlements.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Wood, George Bernard
Tower, Medieval Manor House
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.