A view across the nave to the pulpit, rood screen, and chancel, showing part of the timber rib and panel ceiling, in St Mary the Virgin's Church

Date:
1930-1951
Location:
ST MARY THE VIRGINS CHURCH, Stocklinch, South Somerset, Somerset
Show all locations
St Mary's Church, Stocklinch, South Somerset, Somerset
Reference:
AA51/05826
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

St Mary the Virgin's Church dates from the 13th century, with alterations from the 14th, 15th, 19th and 20th centuries. It is one of two churches in Stocklinch, the other being St Mary Magdalen's Church, and is also known as the 'upper' church. St Mary the Virgin's Church is no longer used for regular worship, and has been in the care of the Redundant Churches Fund, later the Churches Conservation Trust, since November 1973.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Medieval Parish Church, Post Medieval Parish Church, Religion